Sunday, August 28, 2016

God was in my Mess


Prayer Fatigue?
I don't know if am the only one, but sometimes I simply feel like putting a stop to my praying. Why? Maybe because I allow myself to be distracted by other things or am yet to receive answers to prayers. Sometimes I wonder why some prayers take so long to be answered, but are we supposed to stop praying because we have not gotten the breakthrough or an answer to prayer? Definitely Not!
Jesus told a parable in Luke 18:1-8 to illustrate the fact that we must never stop praying.

"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.  He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’
“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’ ”
And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

God created time and He works with time. Imagine the thousand of years it took for God's plan of Redemption to come through. When Elijah was praying for the drought to end, his servant went and looked towards the sea seven (7) times and at the 7th time reported “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.”. So I encourage you to keep praying till you see what you are looking for.

Testimony:
I love watching video testimonies produced by White Chair Films, they produce ' I Am Second '. The video clip below is their latest production and I was once again blown away by the mercies of God. Jordan Rogers made a statement at the end that God does his biggest work in our messes. Yeah, we often make a mess of our lives and it's only God that can change our story.                      





Prayer:
Lord Jesus, here I am before you surrendering my all to you. I know that I have of my life due to my will to live my life in accordance to my own will instead of Your will. I ask that you step into my life and clear up my mess, help me to rectify the mistakes I have made and help me to truly repent and then live as you want me to live - a life totally committed to you Christ the Lord. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment