Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Miracle in a Bucket story

 


"Because the poor are being oppressed, because the needy are sighing, I will now arise," says the LORD, "I will establish in safety those who yearn for it."  psalm12:5
For quite awhile, I have found myself yearning for a number of things from what seems to be a 'given' to the 'unusual'. I yearn for a friend that is closer than a brother, yearn for a family because God places the lonely in families. I yearn to be accepted not judged, shown compassion not pity. I have yearned not for turmoil, but peace that passes all understanding. I yearn to dominate and possess that which God has given me, to be all that He created me to be. Am yearning not to only be a witness but a partaker of God's power. I yearn to be free from all that entangles and limits, to soar with wings like eagles.
I just yearn to see the goodness of God in the land of the living so that like the psalmsist I can say ;
"The king shall joy in thy strength, O Lord ; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!  Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.  For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.  He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever."
Psalms 21:1‭-‬4 KJV;
I simply yearn to be settled.

O LORD, settle me!


God's Love Story

These are the days of God's Power and many are seeing it been manifested in different ways. I remember 3 instances of a peculiar demonstration of God's power in the bible. That is the miracle of multiplication.

1) Elijah and the widow of Zarephath whose handful of a meal and a little crude of oil fed them for several months during famine. 1 Kings 17: 8-16

2) Elisha and the wife of one of the sons of the prophets whose little pot of oil multiplied as long as she kept pouring.
2 Kings 4:1-7

3) Jesus and the little boy who offered up 5 loaves and 2 fishes which fed 5000 men ,not counting women and children and yet remained 12 baskets full. Matthew 14:15-21.

Sometimes in March, a brother in Christ shared his testimony of how God increased a little gasoline he had for his snowblower and he poured and poured till the gas tank was full. The video testimony below is one of such manifestation of God's power. May we in these latter days be vessels of God's Glory and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment